The FSU chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha and FSU Athletics teamed-up today to raise money for the Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation in support of breast cancer research. The race was on FSU’s campus, and started and finished the Zeta Tau Alpha sorority house.
I enjoy running this race each year if I can because my Mom is a past-president of the Zetas at FSU and it's for a fantastic cause. It was a little chilly at the start but as we got running and walking, we warmed-up quickly. I ran the 5K and my Mom walked, but we both finished with good times and enjoyed ourselves. We especially were interested in the drunk Frat guy who was running and smelled like a brewery, and was trying to light a cigarette as he ran...um, this race is for cancer, but I guess he didn't get the memo!
There was a great crowd so we hope a good amount of money was raised for cancer research. We ran in honor of Anne Barnes, Dick Sauer and in support of Christina Phipps.

No comments:
Post a Comment