Ella B. won't be eating solid food for at least another month, but I'm wanting to get a jump start on making her "meals". Since mother-in-law, Mary Ann, has a garden full of fresh veggies, I decided with the abundance of summer squash, I would make a batch of pureed squash to freeze for EB's eating adventures. I've never done this before but it was as easy as my friends have described. You basically steam then puree your vegetable of choice in a blender, freeze the puree in ice cube trays and, viola, you have individual servings that are organic (if they are from your mother-in-law's garden like in my case), perservative free, and just the right amount for a meal since each cube is around 1 ounce. Should be fun to see how this all goes once we get into more exciting foods like sweet potatoes and green peas!
 |
| Fill ice cube trays with pureed veggie |
 |
| Once puree is frozen, pop out cubes and bag them to return to the freezer. |
|
|
| Label bag and you are all set...food for many meals for your baby! |
No comments:
Post a Comment